Yesterday, I mentioned about the anti-cancer fruits and vegetables..
Today, I'll go continue the topic with the Top 10 cancer-fighting foods...
1) Green tea - It contains a type of antioxidant called EGCG that has been shown to prevent cancer cells developing in the prostate and bladder...
2) Broccoli - It contains a compound called sulforaphane which has anti-cancer activity
3) Legumes - A US study found that those who ate legumes (dried beans and lentils) at least twice a week had a reduced risk of breast cancer
4) Tomatoes - Population studies found that men who are lots of tomatoes and tomato products had a lower risk of prostate cancer. This is thought to be due to lycopene, which gives tomatoes their red colour.
5) Soy - Foods such as soy milk, tofu and tempeh contain isoflavones (or phytoestrogens), thought to protect against hormone-related cancers such as breast and prostate.
6) Oily Fish - According to large population studies, those who eat oily fish regularly have a lower risk of developing cancer, including prostate and bowel cancer. Oily fish includes salmon, tuna, mackerel and sardines.
7) Carrots - A World Cancer Research Fund report found that eating carrots probably reduces the risk of lung, stomach and bladder cancer
8) Spinach/baby spinach - Folate contained in spinach appears to keep DNA healthy, thus reducing the chances of cancer developing
9) Onions - They enhance the activity of enzymes that neutralise cancer-causing substances
10) Corn - contains resistant starch that keeps the bowel healthy and reduces the chances of cancerous changes in cells.
So, after looking at the 10 products, how many did you eat so far?? I've looked through the list and found out tat, I only consume 6 out of 10!! hahaha... I'll need to eat all 10!! so be healthy!! hehehe..
Anyways, as said in the earlier post, this is gotten from the Australia food magazine.. I find it really interesting and helpful to everyone out there, so juz something to share with everyone.. =D